Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's been a while....

...since my last post. Life has been crazy with school and work and concerts and friends.
I must say though, God has been so good to me these last two weeks! Last Tuesday I had a test in my Psychology class, got a 86, our professor on Thursday decides for really no reason to give everyone 8 extra points boosting my grade to a 94! I did horrible on my first test, the second one I got a 92 by God's grace only, and this one I got a 94??? Wow He truly is amazing!
Two Monday's ago my friend Jeanette texted me and said "hey I have a guy I want you to meet, I think you guys would hit it off really well" at the sight of this I was like "ohhhhh great" but I also knew Jeanette wouldnt introduce me to some creepo so I decided I'd meet him cause I figured if nothing else I'd come out of it with a new friend. So I met him last Friday. Needless to say....myself and this guy hit it off very well (thank you Jeanette) we've been texting a lot this last week, and we're going to go on a double date with Jeanette and her boyfriend at some point in time.
Okay...enough about boys....now for my day yesterday when God surpassed all my expectations! I was sitting at home bored out of my mind and I get a call from a friend of mine that I met in one of my classes saying "my pastor gave me an extra ticket to the Mercy Me concert tonight would you like to go with me and my friend Melissa?" (which by the way....Mercy Me concert was SOLD OUT!) I hesitated for reasons that are not conscious to me, told him I'd love to go so he told me he'd pick me up at 6. As soon as I got off the phone with Chris I went out and got our mail, and I had a letter from the school telling me how much grant money I'm getting this next year............I opened it.........read it........holy freaking cow! Are you serious?? Wow God you are SO good! I will have enough money left over to be over half way to a car! That just made me even more excited about the concert because I was so excited about just being able to worship this God that has provided for me SO well! Once I got home I was talking to my mom about the grant money and she tells me "thats only the federal grant...you'll get another one for probably about that same amount from the state" I just wanted to burst into tears at this point with how freaking amazing my God is! He's provided a way for me to pay for school next year AND buy a car next spring! Thank you Jesus!!! Even though with how much grant money I'm getting shows how poor my family is right now....it doesnt matter because God IS providing! I'm so excited to see what else God will be doing for my family these next couple of months/years. He truly is an amazing God!

In Christ,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment