Monday, January 16, 2012

Or those of you who don't know, my sister in law had a still birth in October. They we due in November and it was very hard on everyone in my family. They named her Eden Grace and they now have pictures of her on their walls. Just 3 months later my other sister in law had a baby girl naming her Kenzie Eden. Middle name obviously after Eden Grace. I just got done with a visit to my brothers which had the still birth and got to see their other three beautiful and healthy kids. I'm on my way home now and I started writing this and thought I'd share it. It isn't really a poem but some would take it as that. It's just my thoughts on her and the situation. When my mom asked my four year old niece if she knew her cousins name she goes "yeah! Kenzie Eden!" and my mom said something on the lines of "that's right!" and Paris responded saying "all is happy again now that Kenzie's here!" I almost cried. She misses her little sister so much and she has pictures in her room of Eden and if you ask her about them she goes "that's Eden, she died. I really miss her, but she's with Jesus now!" this weekend was a great weekend but was definitely a tough one too since that had been the first time I had visited since Eden died. Here's what I wrote

Thinking about the little girl that never had a chance
She never had the chance to grow
To know how much her family loved her
God took her before we even knew her
He saved her from living in a world of sin
She's with him now walking on streets of gold
God had grace on her like he had grace on Adam and eve in the garden of Eden
We all love and miss her
As another baby is born her sister says everything is happy again
Isn't that the truthI?
God gives and takes away
Although he took that beautiful little girl before we got to even really know her
He gave us another little girl to love forever
She has no idea how big of an impact she had on us while she was here
Although when we finally saw her, her soul had gone to be with the Lord
We loved her, kissed her, and held her while we cried wishing she would have had more time
The word Eden used to just be a name of a garden to me
Now when I hear that name I think of her and what she means in my life
When I used to hear grace it was just something that God gave us that we didnt deserve
Now when I hear it I think of her and how through Gods grace he took her home so she wouldn't have to suffer through the things of this world
We love you Eden Grace and we always will, thank you God for giving her to us for that short amount of time. We might not think it was enough time but you're timing is perfect on its own way. Please take care of our little angel for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment